Newsletters are very popular right now and I was toying with the idea of starting one because I too like to read a couple of Newsletters which regularly arrive in my inbox. Only that they are not really arriving in my email inbox anymore because I subscribe to Newsletters with my RSS Reader Feedbin like I would subscribe to blogs. Sooo why not just use the platform I already have, blogs are cool, right?
At this moment I don’t have a clear vision for how regularly these posts will occur and what exactly will be in them but I plan to have them come up somewhat regularly and share interesting things I find online or maybe even offline. 99% will be somehow connected to Web Development I’m pretty sure.
This was a rather long intro but it should set the tone for the links I want to share in this first installment. I hope you find a useful thing or two in there.
- Website Carbon Calculator, How is your website impacting the planet?
- Sustainable Web Design, A Book Apart
- Is Progressive Enhancement Dead Yet?
- Flexbox holy albatross, Patterns Day 2019, Heydon Pickering
- Native CSS Masonry Layout In CSS Grid
- Everything I Have Done to Make CSS Wizardry Fast, Harry Roberts
And I want to leave you with a quote from Tom MacWright’s blogpost How to blog I keep thinking about since I’ve read it:
For me, burnout is caused by doing something I usually love at a time when I don’t love it.
I have not thought about it this way before but it resonates a lot with me.